First thing first, Let’s get this myth cleared away… a rebrand is not meerly a logo change!!!
A rebrand is a strategy to change the vision, voice and style of a brand when a business pivots their EXPERIENCE with a customer based on business model changes.
Remember, a brand is the experience one has with your business. (Think every touchpoint from how you respond to emails, customer service, how someone pays, social media, etc.)
We often have customers come to us saying they need a rebrand, when they are looking for a new logo. But we always have to set this straight by having a brand discover session with each client so we can give insight where you need it most.
A rebrand is about strategy.
A new logo is about redesign.
So here’s a handy check list to know if you need a rebrand:
- You have or want a new business model
- You have or want to update systems within your business
- You have or want a new mission or vision for the business
- You have or want to position your business differently in the marketplace
- You have new management and need things to change from the culture right through to the look of the company.
- You have outgrown your current business and want to pivot in a new direction
So what does a rebrand actually entail?
- A clear vision of how you want to position your business
- An irresistible and impactful voice about your business offerings
- A cohesive and emotionally engaging visual style, which may include a logo refresh
- A strategy and system to get from where you are now to where you want to be
If your business and the experience someone has with your business is pretty much the same all you need is a logo refresh.
A logo refresh could include:
- An updated look with a nod to legacy issues
- A new color palette
- Integrity issue fixes so your logo looks good in all sizes and mediums
Gladly, we can help you with both rebrands and logo refreshes.
Is it time for you to go through any of these transformations?
Leave it to us at Branding Africa, to navigate you through this transformation!